Financial Accounting Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Dynamic environment
- Professional development (opportunity for ACCA and CIMA) and exposure to global counterparts
- Insights to Morgan Stanley's businesses and departments
- Great company culture supporting long-term career goals and work-life balance
Within the Fixed Assets Team you will:
- Coordinate with local controllers and support Business Units to ensure correct book-keeping
- Active cost pool review and maintaining strong financial control of supported divisions' costs during month-end close
- Prepare ad-hoc and regular analyses and commentaries delivering value added insights
- Prepare Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss account reconciliations for internal and external audit purposes
- Identify development opportunities and implement enhancements; Look for ways of improving the efficiency, process and data quality, test and support implementation of improvement initiatives
- Involvement in ad-hoc/ global projects, optimization of current processes and standardization of processes across regions
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline
- 1-2 years of financial reporting or accounting related work experience is an advantage
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- Proactive attitude, good verbal and written communication skills in English
Team Profile: Global Corporate Controllers department is responsible for Morgan Stanley's financial records, ensuring that the assets and liabilities of the Firm are properly controlled, and providing accurate and timely financial information both to senior management and externally to statutory and regulatory bodies. The Budapest team is a vital part of the global operations, representing more than 80% of the team globally.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.