Private Equity Fund Administration, Senior Associate
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services group.
The AIS Fund Administrator Senior Associate interacts with all levels of personnel and occasionally interacts with clients or client contacts. Senior Fund Administrators handle the day-to-day accounting and related administration for one or more client sponsored Private Equity Partnership investment funds.
- Review and/or prepare daily position and cash reconciliations.
- Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and process general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocation schedules in accordance with fund documents.
- Maintain general ledger including preparation and update of system generated reports and statements.
- Prepare financial work papers including but not limited to portfolio schedules accrual work papers and partners’ capital allocations and capital statements.
- During the course of normal day to day operation responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors providing requested information to specific inquiries as needed.
- Prepare process and monitoring USD and non-USD cash movement to ensure proper and timely settlement.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy client files on a daily basis and archiving as necessary.
- Prepare various client correspondence and related ad hoc correspondence.
- Assist in training Associate 1 Fund Accountants.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Candidates must have a college degree in business mathematics finance or economics preferred accounting concentration is a plus
- 3-5 years of previous financial services experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with Investran
- Experience with investment/Portfolio accounting platforms
- Experience with Fixed-Income Securities
- Specific experience in the Private Equity industry
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.