FINANCE MANAGER | AIRLINE OPERATIONS
**Closing date 6th August 2021**
**TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from an office or elsewhere. From the basics that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive**
Joining the TUI Airline Finance Team as a Finance Manager, you will lead a small team to provide financial and commercial business partnering support to the Operations, SM&P and Aviation Planning teams with a combined cost base of c£0.5bn. You and your team will immerse yourselves in the day-to-day operations of the areas of the business you support and will do so whilst providing that all-important ‘service with a smile’. TUI Airline Finance is proud of delivering to a high standard and being proactive with our stakeholders.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Business partnering the Airline Operations and Aviation Planning Directors direct reports and their teams and other key stakeholders to drive the realisation of commercial opportunities.
- To lead the planning, budgeting and forecasting requirements for the business areas you’re responsible for
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities within remit to drive improvement of processes and control
- Produce detailed, insightful monthly reporting packs for presentation to senior management
- Support seasonal pricing rounds and subsequent reporting
- Work with the business and purchasing teams on contract negotiations
- Work closely with the Airline Accounting team regarding the P&L, balance sheet and cash impacts of forecast changes
- Work closely with the MI team to fully utilise the improved provision of MI from all applicable systems
- A qualified accountant with proven years of PQE and specifically experience of supporting/partnering senior commercial teams
- Sound commercial judgment and the ability to influence at senior manager/Director level
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Working knowledge of Managing for Value
- Demonstrated capability of building relationships at a senior manager level
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.