Consultant, Property Funds
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Consultant in the Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds (“REIF”) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the industry leader of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate and Infrastructure market. This role will provide an opportunity for you to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and review of interim and annual financial statements for REIF.
- Active liaison with clients, other internal departments and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
Fund Accounting and Client Servicing
- Develop an understanding of Fund Accounting requirements for Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds and to keep abreast of current activities in the REIF market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Collection of relevant information to facilitate production of Net Asset Values (“NAVs”) and management accounts and issue these accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Review of NAVs and management accounts and ensuring that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Understand the structure of property transactions and the process and approvals required
- Assist with the payment of operating expenses.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as Depositary, Legal, Transfer Agency and Company Secretarial.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Ensure that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous Financial Services experience
- A professional Accounting Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS and Irish regulatory /tax regime .
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous Client Services experience.
- Previous experience with system development and process improvement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office(Excel and Word)
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.