Manager - Corporate and Business Services (Accounts)
We are looking for an ambitious Manager to join either our Exeter or Torquay offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a diverse and varied role that will involve everything from advising some of the South West’s most exciting owner managed businesses, through to People Management and Business Development responsibilities.
Working with our other Managers, you will lead a team to deliver a range of compliance related services (Management & Financial Accounts, VAT & Corporate Tax Returns) ensuring that a quality service is provided to our clients.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
You will need to enjoy coaching and mentoring individuals as an important part of this role will be focused around developing junior team members into becoming accomplished business advisors. We will also look to you to support us in our business development activities as we continue to expand within the South West market.
Working closely with our Corporate and Business Services Partners, you will look to grow our portfolio of clients and will seek to add value to our existing clients by introducing additional services that we can offer.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our management team to manage and develop our Business Services team – this will include recruiting team members and coaching our people so that they can reach their potential
- Building strong relationships with our owner-managed business clients (average turnover ranging from £2 - £8 million) and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Monitor developments in the accounting marketplace to help retain competitiveness and efficiency of service provision
- Build/retain a good network of local contacts within the South West market to aid business development
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a business services environment
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their teams
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Please contact Hazel Tucker; Partner or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.