Audit Firm Supervision (AFS) Project Leader – Case work lead (level 3 upper)
RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Regulatory Services talent market.
RSR Regulatory Services are currently recruiting for an Audit Firm Supervision (AFS) Project Leader for an independent regulator in the UK.
This is a permanent role paying £60,600 per annum. London office based, or home working as appropriate, with occasional travel.
The AFS team leads the supervision of PIE audit firms and will be responsible (from 2022) for making decisions as to whether audit firms may be registered as able to audit Public Interest Entities (PIEs). The role holder will support the AFS Supervisors and the AFS PIE Registration Project Manager in delivering all aspects of AFS’s supervision and registration work.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing enquiries into potential breaches by firms of auditing requirements (under the Audit Enforcement Procedure) including requesting and analysing information from relevant sources and, where appropriate, engaging with audit firms to develop remedial actions to resolve cases.
- Assisting the day to day Supervision of PIE Audit Firms, led by the AFS Supervisors, including reviewing and analysing audit firms’ quality plans and root cause analysis process, and developing our understanding of how the firms are focused on and seeking to improve audit quality.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an effective and efficient PIE Auditor Registration decision-making process; and reviewing and assessing applications from firms and individuals seeking authorisation to conduct PIE audits, including gathering the requisite evidence and intelligence.
- Drafting reports and management information for Supervisors, the Supervision Division and committees.
- Assisting with the maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures to deliver AFS’s strategic objectives.
- Supporting the development and growth of the AFS team, and wider Supervision department.
- Supporting the Director of AFS and the Supervisors in other projects within AFS.
- Supporting other Supervision Division activities on an ad hoc basis.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment.
- Practical audit and/or audit regulatory experience.
- A relevant post-graduate professional qualification (for example ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience of managing a portfolio of cases with a range of complexity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- IT literate: comfortable using/interrogating online systems to input extract and analyse data.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please click apply and attach your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory Services is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.