China Indirect Tax and Customs professionals – all levels from partner to junior consultant
Due to the continued growth and success of KPMG’s Indirect Tax and Customs practice, together with a significant number of anticipated market opportunities, KPMG is recruiting for experienced professionals at all levels nationally across China (in major cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou) to join our team.
KPMG’s Indirect Tax and Customs practice enjoys an outstanding market reputation, having been awarded International Tax Review’s Asia Indirect Tax practice of the year in both 2017 and 2019, and Indirect Tax Leader of the year in 2020.
KPMG’s Indirect Tax and Customs practice is benefiting from a number of new and anticipated mandates arising from:
- The expected continuation of China’s VAT and Consumption Tax reforms during 2021;
- Trade & Customs developments, including new free trade agreements, free trade zones, and supply chain transformation;
- Developments in electronic invoicing, and related technology developments.
As noted, KPMG is recruiting for experienced Indirect Tax and/or Trade & Customs professionals at all levels of the organisation, based across Greater China. Key attributes of the candidates which KPMG is wishing to attract include those with:
- Experience with either a Big 4 firm or large advisory firm or in leading an in-house team in advising on or managing VAT or Trade & Customs obligations in China, including liaising with (and building relationships with) either tax or customs officials, and in the handling of disputes;
- Demonstrated capability in working with clients in areas like VAT or Customs advisory, planning, dispute resolution, compliance, or technology enablement in China;
- A willingness (and demonstrated capability) to support the transformation of client tax functions and in providing innovative solutions, through the use of technology tools, data & analytics tools, more efficient processes or methodologies;
- Demonstrated capability in working with other tax functions within an advisory setting to provide planning and implementation support to organisations, and importantly, a proven ability to synthesise VAT and Customs issues with those of other disciplines into well rounded business solutions;
- Experience in working with multinational companies or Chinese domestic companies and be able to support their needs, including those of both local stakeholders in China and at a head office level.
- Candidates must be proficient in both spoken and written Chinese and English;
- A recognized university degree or equivalent;
- Preferably a professional member of relevant professional institutions;
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and under pressure and willing to take on new challenges;
- Ability to anticipate the needs of clients and provide proactive and self-directed solutions;
- A high level of organisation, time management and attention to detail whilst managing multiple projects;
- Enthusiastic, passionate and with a strong work ethic;
- High level of professional integrity; and
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
For interested parties, please send your CV outlining your current position, professional experience and suitability for the role. Applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs as soon as possible. Applications will be considered until the posts are filled. It is expected that a number of positions will be offered during Q1 of 2021.
Please quote the name of the position and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data collected will only be used for job application process.