Corporate Tax Associate Director/Manager
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of its growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent hires and significant client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Tax Associate Director (or experienced Manager) who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
About the company and department
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and premier league footballers. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking.
About the job
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to drive your continuing professional development.
The corporate tax team at RSM acts for a wide range of middle market clients including OMBs, private equity portfolio companies and large corporate groups. The team has ambitious plans for growth and are seeking an individual with corporate tax experience to join the team.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate would be CTA/CA/ACA qualified, who has experience of working within an Accountancy Practice with a good level of exposure to Corporate Tax. They would be able to work well as part of a team and have strong people skills, which will help communicating with both colleagues and clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, fast growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners, as well as larger corporates and international clients who operate in a range of sectors such as technology, manufacturing, life sciences, charities and retail to name just a few.
- You will become a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore you will quickly become a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- You will be expected to, and be given the assistance and opportunity to, build your external network of peers (client and non-client) and to aide this maintain an understanding of the breadth of the firms capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- You will work closely with the partners and directors in the tax and other service lines to go out to market and support the business development activities in the region.
- You will get the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of the Cambridge ecosystem, being part of a team passionate about the growth of our business and the economy of Cambridge and the wider East Anglia region.
- On a day to day basis you will work closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients and to address any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- In addition, you will work closely with your colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions & disposals.
- You will also work closely with colleagues in other departments to assist them in providing a high quality service to their clients and to identify tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- We have a mindset of ensuring continual improvement in our skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients, which you will be expected to embrace as part of your own development and promote by way of providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- CTA qualified preferred, or proven tax advisory experience.
- Experience of a client or customer facing role
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Proven experience of, and interest in, business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
- Experience of working in and demonstratable passion for the Cambridge ecosystem.
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake an Associate Director role.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.