Audit Manager - USA
Ideas | People | TrustWe’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.We’ll broaden your horizonsThe work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.We’ll help you succeedYou’ll be joining as an essential member within a team that is vital to the firm. Primarily, you’ll be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and, on occasions, the wider firm. You’ll also:
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Previous experience of managing people.
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Project Management experience.
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.