Tech App Spt Anlst HZ1, Sr Assc
Why this role is important to us:
The role of GSS team will be responsible to provide IT support services to GS/GD (back office) and IMS (middle office) business departments within State Street to ensure stable BAU level of services, and ultimately maintain our SLA to external clients. GSS acts as a first and single point of contact for business on various core IT applications.
GSS requires the candidates to be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities concurrently in an independent manner. He/she will work with colleagues in a team environment and is able to communicate and manage stakeholders across all levels of the organization including senior management. Highly effective communicator both in written and oral presentations in English language and able to negotiate and handle difficult situations effectively. Must be highly analytical in problem-solving and decision-making. Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with global team members in a distributed operating model. Candidate must have a high level of attention to detail and a drive to provide outstanding customer service.
This role is based in Hangzhou, China and will report to GSS BO or MO lead in Hangzhou.
What you will be responsible for (full catalog including both BO and MO):
- Identification and escalation of risks and potential delays.
- Be a day to day contact for business users and IT counterparts for technical assistance relating to the suite of applications.
- Triage of assigned service requests, analysis and resolution where possible, escalation and coordination of resolution when required.
- Provide cycle support to ECM team, including follow up, updates, notifications and timely escalation of issues.
- Raise and initiate Command Centre calls, work with the relevant incident management and IT/Business support teams to investigate and resolve the incident within service level agreements.
- Perform IT CRM and client communications when required.
- Undertake available on the job training to become proficient at providing second tier IT support.
- Identify opportunities and provide input into systems and process improvements to increase the timeliness, efficiency and quality of IT services.
- Support special projects as required.
- Shift work including early/late shifts, weekends, public holiday support and on-call support may also be required.
- Actively engage in all new client on-boarding.
- Complete Standard Operating Procedure review on annual basis.
- Complete daily reporting, handovers and alerts as required.
- Perform team housekeeping tasks as per team guidelines.
- Adhoc tasks as required.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) – able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff across the organization and with clients including senior management.
- Strong knowledge of financial business processes, investment management servicing and fund accounting.
- Willing to learn new things; hard-working style with commitment.
- Good project management & organizational skills (including time management).
- Ability to understand and interpret specific client requirements.
- Must be self-motivated adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualifications with experience in financial services and/or technology.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a thorough knowledge of State Street core applications (i.e., MCH, MySS, DHUB, EPW, GTM, RKS, EDW, ESP, ….).
- SQL skills advantageous.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and minimum 3 years’ experience in related function
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.