Fund Accounting and Administration, Senior Associate
Become a leader within the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to premier real estate fund clients.
Join this growing team that is passionate about building innovative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of investment and fund performance data for global real estate funds and affiliated entities through continuous communications with clients and business partners, you will manage multiple functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining the general ledger for various fund entities
- Preparing supporting work papers for financial statements, portfolio schedules and capital account allocations
- Preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Analytical review of monthly/quarterly investment and fund performance data
- Reviewing and/or preparing of capital calls, distributions and bank reconciliations
- Preparing management, annual and incentive fee calculations
- Preparing various client correspondences
- Calculating waterfalls and capital account allocations
- Ensuring compliance with legal documents
- Maintaining working relationship with all client contacts, auditors, tax, lawyers and banking personnel
- Special projects as requested
What Do We Need From You?
- A college degree (accounting preferred) and at least 3+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Property or Fund accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification
- Past experience leading verbal and written communications at senior levels with internal and external clients
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.