Tax Accountant, Financial Reporting (Leasing Contract)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Manage daily tax compliance tasks for responsible legal entities according to the tax regulation and company policy with professional technical competency
- Support and coordinate in developing specific sustainable, simplified and efficient tax operational processes in a timely manner
- Deliver value-adding tax advice to specific business operation
- Participate and provide high-quality and timely support to ad-hoc projects
- Build and maintain transparent and trusting relationship with tax authorities and related government authorities
- Perform professional and effective tax governance function on specific BASF legal entities
- Ensure that timelines and quality meet the agreed service levels and targets.
Tax Reporting and Compliances
- Information preparation/ analysis, coordination with and to manage internal and/ external service providers to ensure compliance for the following tax fillings requirements: -
- Corporate Tax
- Indirect Taxes
- Withholding Tax
- Collate information to respond to queries/ requests from tax authorities and auditors
- Internal quarter and year end deferred tax calculation including provisional tax computation preparations
- Communicate regularly with service providers, tax authorities and group tax function and used SAP extensively for data/ report generation and input of accounting entries
Compliance with regulatory and corporate Finance requirements
- Liaise and work closely with internal and external auditors, relevant BASF personnel, tax advisors and relevant local authorities in order to understand and ensure the company's policies/ procedures/ practices fully meet the relevant requirements.
- Ensure timely submission of reports/ data to internal and external authorities.
Business Partnering & financial analyses
- Business partnering by providing support through minor direct/ indirect tax advisory on business transactions, process improvements etc.
- Other direct/ direct tax support when is applicable/ necessary
- Degree in Accounting or Recognised Professional Accounting qualification
- 2-3 years of relevant tax working experience with tax practice/ consultancy firm or MNC group tax
- Knowledge of SAP and other Microsoft applications
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Proficient in Malaysia's tax, accounting principles, Financial Reporting Standards and Companies Act requirements.
- Expert knowledge in Tax
- Proactive and resourceful
- Affinity to information technology and systems, understanding of information flow and users' requirements are required as processes are system driven
- Able to communicate effectively and communicate well in written and spoken English and Malay
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.