Junior Business Manager for EMEA Corporate Bank
The core role will be providing Business Management support to the EMEA Corporate Banking business in the following capacity:
- Assist in key business and strategic initiatives for the franchise
- Ensure and help to maintain robust governance processes and procedures
- Build effective relationships and work closely with the Corporate Banking bankers
- Actively contribute ideas and engage with the F&BM community in the region and globally
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
- Supporting the business in tracking revenues, expenses, profitability, headcount and various other key metrics on an ongoing basis
- Calibrating reporting to ensure management receive KPIs in a timely manner
- Maintenance of the pipeline, tracking against monthly, quarterly and yearly budget. This involves partnering closely with the country business managers and developing an understanding of the factors which impact the pipeline.
- Contributing to the business decision making process by providing value-add analysis for quarterly business reviews as well as ad-hoc requests (e.g. industry and regional splits of revenue and KPIs)
- Articulating the business strategy with product partners and stakeholders
- Providing analysis on JPM’s external performance through Dealogic (external league table provider) and Coalition (external provider for Treasury Services, Markets and Trade) including tailored competitor analysis for each product
- Establishing a network with all key stakeholders: Bankers, TS Sales Team, Compliance, Product Controllers, P&A, Legal, Tax, Tech, etc.
- Involvement in control initiatives impacting the business, partnering alongside Compliance, Legal and the Control Managers
- Working with our North America, LATAM and APAC Business Manager counterparts on global initiatives, consistent best practices
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Pro-active and problem solving mind-set with ability to identify, clearly present and implement solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills; flexibility, ability to prioritize requests and multi-task
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical and numeric skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well independently and partner effectively
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improve
- An understanding of Investment Banking (M&A, ECM and DCM) and Corporate Banking products a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.