Financial Accountant - 24 month Fixed Term Contract
Financial Accountant - 24 month FTC
based in Irish Life Group Finance
Join one of Ireland’s most respected financial brands and take your accountancy career to a whole new level. Irish Life is the leading provider of financial services in Ireland for over 80 years. Our focus is to help people build better futures and we look after the needs of over 1.3m people in Ireland. We are a subsidiary of Great-West Lifeco and a member of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies. The Group Financial Reporting team are responsible for the external reporting requirements of the Irish Life group including production of the consolidated quarterly financial results, statutory financial statements and regulatory returns. Recognising that our key asset is our talented team who are passionate about delivering for our stakeholders, we are looking to complement our team further with the addition of a Financial Accountant.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a qualified financial accountant with 2-3 years of experience who is highly motivated and enjoys working in a fast paced environment to join our Group Financial Reporting team on a 24 month contract. You will be qualified (ACCA, ACA), having trained ideally in group reporting or audit and preferably having some knowledge of the insurance industry.
What you will do
You will participate in all elements of the external financial / regulatory reporting process for Irish Life to meet Canadian IFRS, EU IFRS and Solvency II reporting requirements along with contributing to the implementation of the new accounting standard for insurance contracts, IFRS17. You will have the opportunity to engage with finance stakeholders across the group and learn at a high level about the various business units within the Irish Life Group, including life and health insurance, brokerage and investment firms as well as working with colleagues in the wider GWL family in the UK and Canada.
• Preparation of significant parts of the annual financial statements for regulated & service entities.
• Review of divisional / subsidiary quarterly financial returns to the Group Financial Reporting team for consolidated Irish Division reporting.
• Preparation of consolidated results including producing consolidated adjustments.
• Quarterly preparation of key trends and results analysis for senior management both internally and for use in the wider GWL family.
• Involvement in the preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory returns on a Solvency II basis.
• Technical accounting analysis and advice on new / significant transactions and standards.
• Contribute to a strong control environment within the financial team. Ensure that key controls and reconciliation processes are kept up to date.
• Accounting systems development – suggest improvements including adopting/adapting new technology.
• Assist with project work (e.g. IFRS17/9) as required within the Finance area. Includes financial statement disclosures, testing new technology and processes.
What we offer
Irish Life has been renowned for the training and development of our people. You will have a range of on-the-job learning, classroom (online) training and e-learning courses available to you to progress your career. New opportunities regularly come up within the Group and broader business areas, so we see you as a potential long-term contributor to the success of our business.
As well as personal development, we are committed to the well-being of our staff, regardless of their contract status. You will be able to avail of the following (we expect to begin a staggered
return to the office in Q4 2021):
• Work Place Convenience – excellent city centre location with all public transport within easy walking distance as well as subsidised restaurant.
• Recreation – Onsite swimming pool, squash courts, and gym. Regular social and sporting events and a very active staff charity committee.
• Health & Wellness – Company wide and local team events, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) program, eye testing and annual flu vaccine to name but a few.
If you want the next step in your accountancy career to be with a company who cares about you and provides a challenging and rewarding job, we would love to hear from you!
- Communication and Influencing
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Commercial Awareness
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process. Where Agency assistance is required the Irish Life Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Irish Life by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Irish Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We have created an environment of inclusion and growth to help people achieve their potential, to ensure they can bring their whole selves to work and to feel valued. We celebrate diversity of thought and perspective and want all of our employees to feel valued, respected and supported. We have built a culture that promotes equality and inclusion for all of our current and future employees and strive to ensure that our behaviours, processes and practices are aligned to this culture.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please contact email@example.com and we will be delighted to ensure you are fully supported to be your best.
Irish Life Group Services supports Equal Opportunity and are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.