Finance Business Partner - Customer
Finance Business Partner - Customer
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits (Work Level 4)
Manchester city centre
We're now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between working from home and in the office. You can visit our Hybrid Working Policy for more information (https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy)
We're looking for an experienced finance business partner to join us and provide strategic support across our CMCO (Customer, Membership, and Community Office) function. If you're a natural business partner and a born collaborator with real commercial flair, then it's your chance to create a big impact and build your profile with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a finance business partner, collaboration will be the key focus for your day-to-day work. You'll work closely with the Customer Leadership team and build relationships with a wide range of key partners across the CMCO teams, connecting the dots, and providing the key strategic and conceptual thinking to improve financial performance, set budgets and forecasts, and optimise marketing plans and return of investment. It's a big job. But when we get it right the benefits for our customers, members, and communities are huge.
What you'll do
* lead, mentor and support the development of your team
* build influential and effective business partnering relationships, working closely with leaders across CMCO to help shape projects and bring structure to new ideas
* develop financial plans, budgets and forecasts, ensuring robust financial control
* provide ad hoc financial analysis support for business initiatives
* provide an objective view and approach, joining the dots to ensure that strategy, priorities, and resource allocation are aligned
* provide support, challenge, and influence to ensure that initiatives are executed efficiently, and benefits are delivered
* use data to provide insight and tell a story and shape important business decisions
This role would suit people who have
* previous experience in a business partner role, ideally in a customer / commercial background
* a finance qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, ATT, or equivalent
* the ability to build positive relationships cross-functionally
* the confidence to engage, challenge and influence senior partners in the business
* good leaderships skills, with the ability to coach and support the development of a small team
* excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work effectively
* great analytical skills and the ability to think strategically, gathering data and insight from different sources and inform decision making
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* company car or car allowance
* private healthcare
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.