"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Global Finance Systems and Control team is a trusted servicer provider and advisor, an acts as the “hub” for Financial Services (FS) in terms of system/ledger controls, and the provision of core finance processes to the Group. The team are focused on data alignment via robust, best practice data processes, reconciliations and controls.
Global Financial Systems team is responsible for support and maintenance of the major finance systems within CBA (including the general ledger and support modules and major product systems), as well as the upstream and downstream integrations. The team partner heavily with FS and Enterprise Services, and have a lean and agile approach to delivery of core services and change.
Do work that matters
- Utilise finance system and process knowledge to influence decision making and drive change. Strong understanding of product systems and general ledger systems, including integrations. Strong understanding of the use cases for financial information (across all of bank) and how this can be fed into, transformed and queried from core databases. E.g. systems such as (but not limited to) PeopleSoft General Ledger and sub-modules, Nubis &FDM, GDW (Teradata), ARM & Essbase.
- Business Partner and adviser to rest of finance - drive and support system related design, planning, strategy, prioritisations, testing, implementations and system control functions to meet business requirements.
- Drive process improvements in both finance related projects and/or BAU initiatives
- Manage system availability and ongoing monitoring, including incident management.
- Maintain source to general ledger mappings and PSGL hierarchy and chart-field changes
- Manage relationships and communications with finance stakeholders and ES delivery teams
- Analysis of system validation breaks, drive resolutions on PSOB issues, and monitor incident resolution
- Provide project support of BAU and Strategic initiatives
- Maintain a strong focus on risk and issue analysis, navigating a higher-risk transition with guardrails to a lower-risk destination
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Professional Accounting Qualification, CA or CPA
- Financial Services industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in using Teradata and Essbase cubes (or database structures)
- Excellent attention to detail & data analytics
- Knowledge of transforming customer system data to general ledger reporting
- Large project/systems replacement experience
- Strong financial control including reconciliation, analysis, investigation and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and analyse errors, and resolve or escalate as appropriate
- Continuous Improvement mindset and productivity techniques
- Experience in PeopleSoft Financials
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 19/08/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.