Client Services Operations Senior Manager in Reporting Team, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Senior Client Service Operations Manager is a key position within State Street Bank, taking responsibility for leading projects and managing Client Service Operations teams. You will have direct responsibility for the groups servicing the clients that are each headed by CSO Managers. This position therefore requires an attention to both staff management and client service.
There is a particular emphasis in a few areas: Effective Communication, Accuracy and Quality & Focus on Clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Service Operations Senior Manager you will
- Serve as a source of technical information to answer and assist with internal client questions regarding product types & structures, basic regulatory issues, operational Issues.
- Lead department projects and meetings.
- Participate in committees to design/respond to operation changes.
- Drive procedures/systems changes as per requirements.
- Attend regularly scheduled unit/department of divisional managers meetings.
- Participate in departmental MIS meetings (Admin services, support services etc.).
- Participate in new business presentations.
- Actively work towards increasing efficiency/productivity year on year for each client.
- Actively drive efficiency improvements in the group.
- Manage extra client/donor site requests and ensures the Operating Model remains appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions. Knows when to escalate a problem and keep management informed.
- Maintain target staffing levels and allocates resources; strives to meet productivity goals.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring new staff. Evaluates existing staff, ensures that teams are well balanced in terms of experience and expertise.
- Perform annual reviews of staff and develops them. Recommends promotions, terminations, counseling, and transfers.
- Monitors attendance & overtime reports and takes corrective action. Manage overtime within acceptable levels.
- Conduct group meetings.
- Review/monitor the group’s vacation schedules and maintain emergency procedures for staff shortages.
- Maintains ongoing relations with key client contacts.
- Be aware of corporate or other developments at the client that may provide opportunities or pose a risk to the relationship.
- Ensure calls with key client contacts are regular and ensure the group to join is in place.
- Visit the client regularly, according to relationship structure.
- Show good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain organized records.
- Keeps clients and colleagues informed as to the status of requests.
- Build an atmosphere of co-operation within the teams, care of good relationships.
- Demonstrates good teamwork with peers. Serves as an example to staff.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with colleagues and Managers.
- Maintains a highly visible profile to staff and actively provides a vision to the staff.
- Keeps the group focused on achieving goals.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in managing large teams.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A University Degree in banking/finance or related field. A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- Specialist experience in the area of Fund Accounting would be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Additional holiday entitlement
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.