Client Services Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
This is a senior level management role within the Hedge Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments experiencing significant growth.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Manager you will
- Provide overall direction to team of staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Review and approve NAV files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control.
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Experience in the Hedge Fund and Fund of fund is required.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.