Leverage Finance, Investment Grade Execution COO, VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are currently hiring for Leverage Finance, Investment Grade Execution COO, VP, Leverage Finance department in London.
The Leverage and Acquisition Finance team at Morgan Stanley is responsible for the coverage of all non-investment grade clients regarding their financing requirements and the resultant execution of these transactions. The team’s coverage universe extends to corporations throughout all of Europe and the MENA region, and also includes a substantial effort devoted to financing and advising private equity clients with respect to leveraged buyout/refinancing transactions. The Morgan Stanley LAF team’s capabilities/responsibilities include: i) senior debt facilities, ii) high yield bonds, iii) event driven acquisition financings (including for investment grade borrowers), iv) issuance of other subordinated securities (i.e. PIK, Hybrid, etc.), v) liability management and vi) general capital structure advisory. We are a leading financing house both globally and specifically in Europe -- since the financial crisis we have been involved in more LBO syndicated leverage loans than any other investment bank, and have been involved in numerous industry leading transactions on behalf of our clients.
Investment Grade Execution
- Working closely with Managing Director, GCM to develop multi point of contact for IG related acquisition financing executions and inbounds
- Responsible for all main workstreams in a transaction pre distribution, from initial structuring through to documentation and developing marketing materials for syndication
- Attending client meetings and developing relationships with Treasurers in partnership with FICM
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders from credit department to senior management and members of capital committee
- Strong internal coverage of IBD industry/country teams required, along with Syndicate, to pitch product and capabilities effectively and ensure opportunities are not missed
- Responsible for execution of relationship financings (post-IPO, etc.): gathering LAF/cap markets input and liaising with IBD
- Responsible for execution of IG bridges, in close co-ordination with Managing Director and responsible origination MD/ED [LFCC committee scheduling/co-ordination [MSBAG scheduling].
- New business/processes: point person for the improvement of processes and set-ups, e.g. MSBAG, ESG, setting up of proper loan ops/closing infrastructure, etc.
- Coordinate and Attend Ops Weekly for Event lending (non-rel loans)
- Timing, entity, size, etc.
- Coordinate risk projection pipeline for CCC planning
- Coordinate missed/decline working with junior desk resource
- Coordination of Closings (reminders, risk booking and fee recognition)
- Coordination of invoicing fee/billing
- Responsible for tracking/reporting pipeline (i.e. centralize and develop pipeline XLS + calendar of DT briefings & CCC to replace various random emails, track missed deals, etc.)
- Responsible to keep track of all deal-related fees, liaise with NY for accurate booking, chase for timely bookings and payments, point person for logistics re: fee splits between LAF and other teams, etc.)
- Project rollout point person (eg D2 changes, ESG policy rollout, etc.)
- Leveraged finance experience
- Previous COO experience within investment banking
- Investment Grade Execution Experience is a must
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
- Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
The salary for this role is competitive.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.