About the role
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in Audit at RSM. The service line is growing rapidly, and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market.
We have a diverse client base, spanning a wide range of industries and sectors. As a Manager in the Audit department, you will manage a diverse portfolio of clients across a wide range of industries. If you have passion and ambition, and you would like to continue to build upon your existing skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
About the company and department
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing! We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. We believe that it is important for our people to have experience across a range of industries and sectors, so we do not typically have individuals in our teams working on only one type of client.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
Do you enjoy leading teams, helping others to develop and grow? Do you want to work closely with your portfolio of clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to continue to progress your career in a firm with genuine progression opportunities at the senior level? Our culture is our greatest strength, and as a Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
About the job
In this role, you will manage a portfolio of clients, and you will lead and develop members of the Audit team. As a key leadership figure within the Audit team, you will work closely with Directors and Partners. There are many exciting opportunities for anyone looking to join our teams;
- Extensive internal training program directed by a specialist team, including relevant training for key service lines, industries and responsibilities, providing significant CPD opportunities
- Structured training program for staff with potential to reach Senior Manager, Director and beyond
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression
- Opportunity to specialist in a wide variety of sectors including listed, not for profit, pensions, private equity and financial services
- Internal and international secondment opportunities
- Internal office and regional team events
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing a portfolio of clients, reporting to Directors and Partners
- Ensuring assignments are completed in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client and other internal departments, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Ensure assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm’s procedures
- Brief and oversee staff on assignments, providing on the job training as required, liaising with senior client staff to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms
- Identify and resolve key audit matters and contentious items, in consultation with the client, Director/Partner and national technical team as appropriate
- Attend and present at client audit committee and board meeting
- Assist directors and partners with business development opportunities including participation in scoping and pitching
- Participate actively in recruitment and line management, and relevant team meetings
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Audit experience in producing high quality audits
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.