MY - Director / Associate Director - Business Tax
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Lead teams on various client engagements in developing tax solutions, providing tax advice, tax planning and strategies for multinational clients across a broad range of industries.
- Liaise with the Inland Revenue Board, the Ministry of Finance and other government agencies in connection with client engagements.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports and analysis and ongoing project management.
- Establish relationship with clients, and develop and implement sales strategies.
- Participate in various business development opportunities and project pursuits.
- Supervise assignments of engagement team and provide mentorship to team members.
- Participate in various research, training and practice/professional development initiatives
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associate Directors / Directorsacross our Firm are expected to:
- Lead and act as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels, whilst continuously promoting a sense of loyalty and energizes others to act.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte.
- Develop and sustain long-term, trust-based relationships with stakeholders, clients and team
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success.
- Manage the sustainable development of a strong pipeline of talent for current and future success, by driving a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
- Lead behavioral and cultural change through a supportive, collaborative and highly inclusive environment where team members feels supported, respected and engaged
- Possess a Bachelors’ Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting/Economics/Tax and Professional Qualification (ACCA/MIA/MICPA)
- 8- 10 years working experiencein a professional services firm (Big 4) or related industry.
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Leadership and people management skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.