Depositary Automations Specialist, Senior Associate
Depositary function is defined by regulatory authorities, UCITS and AIF Rulebook, to a collective investment scheme to safeguard the assets (safekeeping duties) and protect the interest of investors (supervisory duties). Depositary essentially acts both as a supervisor (the 'legal conscience') of a fund, overseeing certain fund transactions (redemptions and investor payments to the fund) and as a custodian over the fund's assets. Depositary functions include all the controls performed on the life-cycle of the investment fund in order to oversee that the fund is performing in accordance with the requirements of the directives, rules and regulations.Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Automations Specialist you will
- analyze, design, develop, test, and debug VBA solutions – provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings
- cooperate with Depositary teams in order to find automation/transformation possibilities (using Xceptor, Alteryx, VBA, Python, Lean
- support Depositary Development Team – engage in global initiatives / projects (GMAS, EUDT),
- lead and mentor junior developers,
- work in a complex deadline driven projects - effectively coordinating activities between business SME, developers and managers
- follow departmental procedures to ensure timely, high quality delivery of service
- establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues - demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments
- maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior
- demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong VBA skills – proven track record of previous developments
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced command of English
- Fund Administration knowledge – previous experience in Fund Accounting, Investment Compliance, Financial Reporting will be an asset.
- Experience with Xceptor, Python, SQL, Alteryx, Sharepoint, and lean certification is desired
- 2+ years’ experience in business process automations
- Degree in Business Management, Information System, Finance & Accounting or related field
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training sessions
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.