Payroll Team Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a experienced Payroll/HR professional with expert knowledge of Polish labour who will join our department and lead a team of payroll professionals. Supervisory or workload management experience is nicely seen, but not required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Your new role
As a Payroll Team Manager, Officer you will:
- Ensure maintenance of technical knowledge and act as advisory role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy
- Provide the management to the staff of Poland Payroll Team to ensure the continuous development of each individual and the entire team. Ensure the staff are supported motivated and developed. Promote the coaching style and collaborative approach while interacting with others
- Responsibility for the outsourced payroll vendor day-to-day activities management and relationship taxation statutory and non-statutory reporting
- Ensure the vendor management framework is followed whilst supporting all due diligence and relationship management
- Provide effective Governance and Management of processes to identify and manage risk under a focus of risk excellence
- Deliver payroll for whole population in Poland and include activities with Finance, Legal etc. as needed and providing Tier 3 customer support for such HR services
- Responsibility of all payroll and employment tax audit activities including co-operating with payroll vendor providing the guidance and advisory organizing the evidences maintaining a working relationship with local revenue and governmental agencies
- Support statutory reporting around employment taxation including PIT statements and other relevant activities
- Execute related HR administration activity to support other CoE’s whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- Researches best practices evaluating “as is” processes and redesigning them to achieve better efficiency effectiveness and control compliance
- Act as key contact for all payroll and employment tax audit activities such as liaison with internal and external auditors to assist with understanding the key processes providing evidence of key controls
- Ensure correct statutory and payroll treatment of inbound and outbound assignees and short term business visitors via liaison with Global Mobility & external tax consultant
- Payroll Operational review and provide approval where required including payroll output review and approval and authorization of payments when required
- Ensure a dual check of all payroll output prior to submission for approval and sign off
- Ensure support of the full SOX & Audit requirements
- Mitigate risk by ensuring production of well documented end to end operating processes inclusive of vendor touch points
- Ensure effective stakeholder and project management programs are supported around all GHR Shared Service activity
- Effectively communicate and collaboration with all leadership levels as a key partner and local lead
- Develop and build strong partnerships across key areas such as GHR Finance Corporate Tax Audit and Compliance Global Mobility payroll vendor
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in the role
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Very Good Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good organizational and communication skills
Education and preferred qualifications:
- University degree - HR/finance/accounting preferred
- 5 or more years’ experience in Poland payroll operations position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations tax compliance and working with outsourced providers
- Experience in Poland payroll in-house model experience will be an asset
- Very Good knowledge of Polish Labor law, with special focus on Personal Income Tax and Social Security regulations
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems required
What we offer:
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.