Financial Reporting Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to oversee the work of 4-6 direct reports (Team Leaders and Subject Matter Experts) as well as 15-20 indirect reports and assume full accountability and ownership for your team’s deliverables for each of the Clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction. The implementation of change will be a major part of the role. In addition you will be responsible for achievement of delegated financial/performance targets, including local cost control.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Manager you will
- Assume full accountability and ownership for your team’s deliverables for each of the Clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Manage the operations of the core financial reporting teams assigned to you within the department.
- Act as reviewer of the work on allocated and ad hoc basis if required
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department. Actively review your team’s operational environment and propose process/tools/controls improvements so to contribute to overall department savings target
- Delegate task and manage workload; lead and motivate staff, particularly Team Members reporting directly to you
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Monitor and appraise the performance of your direct and in-direct reports, provide regular formal and informal feedback using 1-2-1 and skip level meetings and set clear development goals for your staff to ensure they are developed and managed
- Take responsibility for the recruitment of new Financial Reporting staff
- Strongly support management team in achieving department level goals
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from senior management
- Lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager and senior colleagues
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Team management: experience in managing a group of 10-15 employees; experience in leading couple of teams including remote team management would be advantageous
- General finance knowledge with understanding fund administration and reporting environment; financial reporting
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP and UK SORP would be advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Very good command of English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to delegate work to others and take accountability for team's performance
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- BA/MA degree in a related field, e.g. accounting, economic, finance
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.