AML KYC Consultant Officer
This position supports the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services Business Unit (PERE) within State Street’s Alternative Investment Solutions Division (AIS) through the participation in projects related to the advancement of the risk and compliance agenda for AIS. Working with the Chief Administrative Office team (CAO) within PERE the incumbent is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate funds.
As a member of the PERE KYC Business Integration team, the Business Integration Officer facilitates the implementation of new funds onto the STT or AIS platforms. This role has overall responsibility for leading customer (i.e., fund/entity) launches through the overall onboarding process. This process includes but is not limited to AML/KYC, Risk Ratings and overseeing the client level agreement process. The Officer has ultimate accountability for the completion of the tasks related to new business onboarding policies and procedures in accordance to established deadlines. They will liaise with internal sub-service organizations (i.e., CaRRS, risk, legal, relationship management, etc.), and serve as a subject matter expert. Responsible for satisfying business needs, identifying key issues with processes and taking a broad perspective to problem resolution. As part of the CAO team the incumbent has specific responsibilities in critical business functions.
Business Integration Team
- Collects and processes all related information and documentation required to onboard a new customer (fund/entity) onto State Street’s platforms.
- Works closely with client to obtain required documentation
- Develop strong relationship with specific clients; act as point of contact for onboarding related tasks/questions
- Works closely with business/deal initiator and the Business as related to the launch of new funds
- Review entity constitutive documents (formation/incorporation documents; Offering Memorandum; Partnership Agreements, Admin/Fee Agreements, etc.) to obtain all relevant information for establishment of entities on the respective systems.
- Coordinates overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Coordinates communication with applicable parties, Relationship Manager, deal team and Business leads concerning the project status and issues.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Escalate to all stakeholders as necessary to ensure timely onboarding of new entities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
The optimal candidate should be diligent, meticulous, process-oriented, and well-spoken with the ability to talk to multiple levels within both the State Street organization and potentially the client organization.
- Equivalent to a degree in Business, Accounting, Legal or related field
- Knowledge of AML/KYC policies a plus and/or 4-5 years financial services experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting and self-evaluations
- Participate in required and optional training
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.