Assistant Manager/Manager, Share Schemes/Employment Tax - London
Assistant Manager/Manager, Share Schemes/Employment Tax – London
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Assistant Manager/Manager's are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Understand and acknowledge the importance of the firm’s procedures, and follow them with minimal supervision. Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with the department, office or firm’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met.
- Deal with day-to-day client matters and liaise with other team members as appropriate. Contact with clients and others via telephone, correspondence, including e-mail, and on occasions attending meetings with clients.
- Produce work of the required standard in a timely and effective manner for Partner/Director etc, which requires no further input on straightforward factual matters and dealing with complex matters in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Research technical issues and present the findings effectively, whilst demonstrating the use of key reference and the relevant legislation.
- Effectively manage projects and multiple assignments, ensuring that the work is completed within the specified timeframes and to the required standard.
- Promote the firm’s services to clients through good cross selling. Identify opportunities for adding value to clients by the provision of complimentary services offered by the firm and taking action to ensure the opportunities are acted upon.
- Work effectively within a team environment, assisting others in the team with managing projects, the budget, the timetable and client expectations.
- To act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients.
- To manage the department’s monthly billing process.
- Assist other department’s staff in the office/s with Employment Tax related queries, as and when required.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, including colleagues, senior management and clients.
- Undertake all tasks in the department, office and firm, which may be necessary in achieving overall goals and objectives of the firm.
Performance objectives and targets will be set for the main duties above at least annually by the Department Director. These will reviewed against performance targets regularly.
Objectives and targets will also be set and performance reviewed in respect of the personal qualities listed in the person specification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- ATT qualified or with equivalent level of proven experience.
- CTA desirable but not essential.
- The member of staff will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required of grades below that to which he/she is appointed.
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact or opinion.
- Work effectively within regulatory compliance structures.
- Has an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work.
Technical skills: Employment Tax work:
- General employment tax consultancy advice such as:
- Employer compliance reviews, Internal audit or Health check work.
- Status of workers.
- Due diligence work.
- P11D dispensation.
- Class 1A NIC and P11D reporting.
- Expenses and benefit tax treatment.
- Remuneration planning – previous exposure to bonus, share scheme and salary sacrifice planning is desirable.
- Construction Industry scheme.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of various statutory forms, including P11D’s, share scheme reporting.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- The ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of smaller clients.
- Ability to manage the departments billing process.
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work of a quality standard is paramount.
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent IT capability – understanding of the application of IT systems to improve work practices.
- Commitment to their personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner.
- Positively articulates the goals of the firm, advocate for the firm.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities and methods of improving service delivery.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.