Senior Accounting Analyst (West)
about the company
Long standing history and strong APAC presence, this US MNC has been growing organically in the APAC region. Constantly innovating to meet the changing consumer needs and behaviours while expanding their APAC market share, they are now looking for a high calibre Senior Accountant/ Finance Manager, to help drive the region's business.
about the job
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be in charge of managing Regional and Singapore Financial Statements, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Intercompany Accounts, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, External and Internal Audit, Management Reporting and all accounting matters for Southeast Asia. You will also be responsible for financial reporting, treasury matters and assist the departments in monitoring indirect expenses and develop, maintain and enhance financial controls to safeguard the assets of the Company. Under general direction, you will be assisting the Senior Finance Manager in providing Management and key personnel with timely, accurate and relevant information for
improved decision making and preparing strategic and financial plans, including enhancing local reporting and analysis to improve productivity and quality of reporting and analysis. Your scope will include,
- Maintenance of general ledger in SAP and both management and legal books.
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial statements in accordance with Singapore FRS and US GAAP and yearend package.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations correctly and timely for review by Senior Finance Manager and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations to Corporate Accounting.
- Coordinate and prepare yearly statutory audit and tax return by PWC and ad-hoc financial compliance audit by Internal Auditors.
- Provide recommendation on accounting process improvement methods.
- Handle accounting matters relating to sales and cost of sales and generate relevant reports.
- Handle matters relating to capital assets, direct and indirect expenses for the region.
- Supervise all GST/MES related matters for the Singapore plant.
- Support any plant facilities in the region for matters which are accounting related.
skills and experience required
You should typically be a Degree holder in Accounting /ACCA, CPA preferred. You possess more than 6 years of relevant financial/management experience, preferably with audit/tax experience from big 4. You have strong knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), proficient in SAP and MS office. You are proactive and independent and have no problem working in a team.