Client Service Operations Expert, Senior Associate
A senior specialist who will join Client Delivery Management department. CDM gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like private equity and real estate, CDM tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Service Operations Expert you will
- Build expertise in functional and technical knowledge across multiple disciplines attending training as required;
- Complete accurate processing of system information to meet internal standards (SOPS, Job Aids etc.);
- Collaborate with others to drive success of team;
- Raise ideas to manager to support operational improvements;
- Proactively identifies service issues with client facing impact and brings them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution;
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities;
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our foundation;
- Liaise on a daily basis with our clients and their agents in respect all Custody Operations functionality;
- Formulate and monitor SLAs;
- Assist the TS CoE and other custody related CoEs with the resolution of complex issues as the need arises;
- Engage in exception resolution process, pro-actively resolve enquiries and exceptions on a case-by case basis by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues;
- Build and manage the flow of information and data to ensure an accurate output with limited issues and exception;
- Develop and maintain scorecards and metrics. Collect, analyze, package and communicate data at various levels for use by stakeholders
- Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls;
- Produce and analyse MIS;
- Monitor risk and code.
- Be adaptable, responsive to change and intellectually curious, while rigorous in pursuit of client solutions
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Ability to adapt, respond to change.
- Intellectual curiosity, while rigorous in pursuit of client solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree.
- Min. 2 years of experience in Fund Accounting environment is necessary.
- Operational background would be advantageous.
- Customer service experience.
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent English skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.