The Finance Manager, manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting functions, tax and other specialized accounting functions for the system. Coordinates timely preparation of financial statements, ensures accuracy and timeliness of audit schedules, and monitors internal controls for these companies.
- Supervises activities of Accountant & Tax specialist , and leads preparation of standardized and consolidated financial statements by supporting to Johor site.
- Manage and comply with local, state and Central Bank reporting requirements.
- Supervise Tax estimates and tax submission to the inland Revenue Authority. Ensure tax schedules are completed on time for tax agent and tax computation for tax agent to check for compliance to IRB requirements.
- Responsible for year-end closing and liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual financial audit and liaising with MIDA on any requirements related to tax incentive.
- Assist in determining continuing compliance with all relevant law and regulations.
- Obtaining, maintaining and managing the complete financial reporting and recordings.
- Ensures the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting reports.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls (SOX compliance) , including but not limited to contract compliance and journal entry approvals.
- Plans, directs, organizes and schedules the activities of one or more specialized accounting functions.
- Coordinates IT testing of systems and validates information from interfaces.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of special statistical reports, surveys, CAPEX assessments and financial analyses. Analysis of financial data of investment project, payback and return on investment.
- Analyze and interpret operational and accounting data as to explain variations and trends in relation to previous periods, budgets and forecasts.
- Handling ad-hoc matters/ projects assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Financial disciplines
- Professional qualification ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, CIMA or MICPA
- More than 8 – 10 years of experience in Accounting, Tax/ 3-5 years in supervisory role.
- Familiarity with ERP system, SAP will be advantageous.
- Familiarity to work in multinational company will be required.
- Candidates from manufacturing background strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounting (MFRS/IFRS/USGAAP) Tax, Treasury activities and SOX.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, willing to take unpopular position based on fact finding and logical reasoning, as well as provide unbiased recommendations.
- Willing to manage a team if opportunity arisse.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in fast pace culture
- Pragmatic, hands-on, flexible and adaptable to change, continuously driven to challenge and improve, self-starter
Work Location: Lot 01, Airport Logistics Park, Senai International Airport
Celestica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status or other characteristics protected by law).
At Celestica we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Special arrangements can be made for candidates who need it throughout the hiring process. Please indicate your needs and we will work with you to meet them.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.