Working in the Financial Data Analytics team of a financial services business, your role will be to provide high quality analysis on the financial performance of a wide range of organisations within the insurance and financial services sector.
International financial services business providing research and high quality information for clients. Based in London.
As part of the Financial Data Analytics team, you will help provide high quality and accurate financial information on banking, insurance and non banking organisations.
You will analyse and interpret financial information across sectors and provide guidance to credit analysts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining existing excel based financial templates, used to collect financial statement data on behalf of financial institutions, corporates and other entities
- Ensure highest levels of data quality for banks, insurers and non-banking financial institutions
- Checking data has been correctly processed by the analysts and providing feedback when required
- Documenting methodologies on how various fundamental data points are defined and can be identified in financial statements
- Liaison with offshore teams, providing training and ongoing support on capturing essential data
- Monitoring developments in the Financial Services sector globally to provide advice on modifications to data templates needed to reflect evolving analytical or industry data needs
- Actively participating in external client meetings, providing presentations
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to stakeholders about bank, insurance and non-banking financial institutions data
- Previous experience of financial / data analysis, ideally within financial services
- Strong interest in the sector and understanding the risks inherent in their operations
- Experience of working with financial data, preferably in an accountancy, actuarial, risk or auditing capacity
- Understanding of IFRS, GAAP & wider accounting fundamental processes
- Possibly studying towards / completing a CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CFA qualification
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Proven experience of interacting effectively with senior management
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is desirable
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work
- Good level of Excel - if you have macros / VBA ability that will be a bonus
Competitive salary and benefits package
Excellent career and development path.