Qualified or part-qualified accountant seeking a change in direction?
RSR Regulatory Services is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Regulatory Services talent market.
RSR Regulatory Services are seeking qualified accountants with an interest in financial and digital reporting, IT or programming. If you are after a change in the direction of your career, but maintaining a foot in accounting work then we have a great opportunity for you to do so. We are seeking a Project Manager, for Taxonomies and Digital Reporting, for an independent regulator in the UK and Ireland.
This is a permanent role, based in London (although flexible/remote working is allowed), paying £49,228 per annum.
The role will support the Project Director for the XBRL UK Taxonomies Project, to expand their capacity to meet growing demand for digital reporting, as well as supporting wider related initiatives.
To ensure the regulator’s taxonomies are kept up to date with reporting standards and UK regulations. Key skills include organising and managing the project, resources and budget.
Main duties and responsibilities
- This role envisages learning all aspects in relation to the taxonomies and supporting delivery version updates in relation to the annual cycle.
- The process involves writing, researching and presenting papers to UK XBRL Governance Committee meetings, and Technical Task Force (TTF) meetings.
- Attending and contributing to meetings and workshops at the regulator and other regulatory bodies, such as the FCA, HMRC, Companies House, Charities Commission and BEIS.
- Ensuring that digital reporting platforms are joined up, proportionate and best meet the needs of those reporting using them and users of them.
- Work with the technical supplier in relation to the Support, Maintenance and Hosting of the taxonomies and any other activities which need to be undertaken to ensure taxonomies are fit for purpose.
- Support improving the quality of digital reporting through working with the CH, HMRC and ICAEW, by way of articles and being proactive on working groups.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field of study, with at least two years post qualification experience.
- A degree in IT or an Accountancy qualification are desirable as is experience with other UK regulators.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting environment of listed companies and a keen interest in Financial Reporting.
- Ideally, experience in XBRL and accounting work or demonstrating a clear interest in these activities.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of XBRL programming.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV via the form below.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory Services is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.