The Cost Accountant is responsible to ensure that inventory valuation and product cost transactions impacting financial reports are monitored, controlled and posted to the materials ledger and general ledger. The Inventory Accounting Analyst works closely with other Finance Functions, Operational Planning and Resource Management to understand product cost and inventory valuation trends, planning and optimization efforts.
- Establishment of current standard cost estimates, maintain activity rates for the manufacturing process, calculate and update future planned activity rates;
- Monitoring product costing and inventory valuation batch jobs, on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Perform results analysis, such as: actual versus standard/plan material cost, product cost and product revenue, inventory aging and material movement types, inventory risk coverage through inventory reserves, overhead absorption;
- Communicate with business highlighting opportunities or negative trends, where needed;
- Ensure an accurate monthly inventory reporting and performing monthly/quarterly closing adjustments as necessary;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for relevant inventory accounts;
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP standards and internal policies and controls;
- Interaction directly with internal and external auditors during periods of review.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Economic background (graduate of Academy of Economic Studies or similar)
- 2-4 years of experience in finance/accounting; manufacturing accounting is a plus
- Strong computer experience Microsoft Office; SAP knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Good communication & Collaboration skills
- Demonstrate high reliability
- Drive accountability and results
Apply for Cost Accountant
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly