Accounting and Insight Advisory Assistant Manager
Overall job purpose
To support the wider team and to assist managers to profitably deliver work across a portfolio of corporate clients, focusing on complex financial reporting and consolidations, whilst managing a small portfolio of corporate and not-for-profit clients and working with a team of staff to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for clients, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- In conjunction with Managers and Associate Directors, ensure that larger, complex jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to address any material points identified on assignments with the relevant Supervisor and/or Assistant.
- To manage a small portfolio of corporate clients within the agreed internal budget for the job and to address any material points identified on assignments with the relevant Supervisor and/or Assistant.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure feedback is provided to more junior members of the team on an on-going basis.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements including maintaining an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications.
- To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with instructions, and to carry out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff and review work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner.
- ACA / ACCA fully qualified.
- A strong understanding of UK financial reporting requirements.
- Experience of complex consolidations.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Well-developed people management skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good understanding of CCH AP, Microsoft Word & Excel and Sage Line 50.
- Working knowledge of Corporate Taxation.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.