Operational & Financial Auditor - Saudi National | Al Futtaim Retail | Riyadh, KSA
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
The Operational and Financial Auditor in accordance with the annual audit plan is responsible to evaluate the existence, adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, compliance with company policies and operating procedures, control on safe guarding of assets, economical and efficient use of resources, reliability and Integrity of Information and accomplishment of established business objectives.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Audit Plans and Programs
- Assist the Audit Manager in the development of annual audit plan by assessing the degree of risk.
- Assist in the development of audit program for each audit assignment before commencement of the audit. This should be documented as template in (AMS) with risks, control and tests to be performed.
Operational and Financial Audit
- Conduct internal audit assignment for evaluation of adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in all business processes/segments.
- Review the approval process to ensure that Group policies/ procedures and delegations of authorities are complied.
- Ensure that assets of the group are safe guarded.
Audit Reports and Records
- Documentation of audit work in Audit Management system which can fully support the audit findings.
- Prepare professional audit reports which should clearly communicate findings, analysis, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities audited.
- Audit Manager should be timely updated with key findings.
- Discuss preliminary audit findings with the concerned staff/ management in order to highlight the observations to management and to get their concurrences.
- Assist in preparation of executive summary for each engagement along with the detailed report and audit follow up form.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly summary report to be presented to Vice Chairman after it has been reviewed by line manager/Group Director – Internal Audit.
- Job holder needs to assist in the follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
Computer Assisted Audit
- Ability to extend audit coverage to a wider and more representative population using computer based audit techniques. E.g. use of ACL.
Human Resource Development
- Achieve high professional standards of audit performance, reports and recommendations in conformity with International Standards of Internal Audit and within the Group’s policy, procedures and long range goals.
- Such consulting assignments are performed based on management request in order to establish a fact or to evaluate a specific situation.
- Fraud investigation should be conducted in order to identify the loss/exposure, control weaknesses, personnel responsible and recommendation to prevent reoccurrence.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACA etc.), ACCA, MBA (FINANCE), CIA, CFA, with knowledge of internal audit function.
- 3 years experience in internal audit function, ideally from retail industry
- Thorough knowledge concept of internal controls and generally accepted internal auditing standards.
- Well versed with data analytics through spreadsheets
- Good grasp over verbal and written communication including report writing skills.
- Sel-driven with ability to effectively execute audit assignments with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate with personnel across the organizational hierarchy and be able to influence business in a constructive manner.
- Able to multi-task when situation demands.
- Exposure to ERP software such as SAP and Oracle is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with data analytics software ACL and audit management / documentation systems is desirable.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.