Business Analyst BPS
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
As Business Analyst/Associate in the BPS team, the candidate will be responsible to carry out all assigned tasks of the relevant function (E.g. Payroll, Accounting, Corporate Entity Management, VAT Compliance Services, Finance) to ensure smooth and efficient processing of the client deliverables. Efficient, effective and challenge driven professional with good business/finance acumen and ability to be involved in all stages of processing right up to finalization stage.
During your tenure as a Business Analyst in BPS, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Collation and Processing of Payroll & Expense pay-outs.
- Execute day to day book keeping and other accounting work for the clients (For example, preparing vouchers of all the daily financial transactions, bills, invoice, payment, receivables and entering them in ERP)
- Responsible for making timely and accurate accounting entries for clients.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures complying with regional legal requirements
- Understanding of VAT domestic laws and element of the VAT return.
- Codification and classification of the transaction and understanding of post filing activities.
- Monthly maintenance of payroll schedules and updating of HR requests from clients.
- Support the smooth and efficient running of the relevant department.
- Coordinate and maintain Travel and Expense process for internal office and clients.
- Filing of Documents/Voucher's & acknowledgements of payment.
- Support admin assistant in Client Billing and Receivables.
- Preparation of Bank upload file for payment disbursement.
- Preparation of Management Reports.
- Preparation of relevant service delivery packages for review.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the seniors/management.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Minimum: Mandatory Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Accounting, Finance, Management or other related areas.
- Post Graduate: Not required but good to have in Accounting, Finance or Tax.
- Certification: Not Required but good to have in areas such as Accounting, Quality Control, Project Management etc.
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
- Understand client's business needs and handle queries and exceptions effectively.
- Ability to perform complex transactional activities.
- Drives adherence to all risk management and quality assurance tools.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to self-check work.
- High attention to detail and should have good command on English language.
- A strong, proactive client service focus and being comfortable in dealing with them personally.
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute individually and collaborate.
- Moderate knowledge of MS Office including advanced Excel skills, SAP preferred.
- Overall, have moderate knowledge and experience in the specialization area. Applies effectively with some direction and guidance. Increases technical expertise and ability. Starts to develop credibility.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.