Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Reconciliations)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
Working as part of a dedicated Reconciliations Team, the individual will be responsible for the execution and oversight of reconciliations on a daily basis. The individual will ensure that all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met together with working with partners in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for reconciling all assigned accounts accurately and efficiently within relevant deadlines.Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness of offshore teams, seeking appropriate information from local management there where requiredLiaise with the other Transfer Agency partners to monitor and report on the Aged Reconciliation items Liaise with clients and investors to resolve and report unreconciled itemsWorking with other team members to ensure Reconciliations Team Mailbox is kept up to date at all times and that e-mails are actioned/filed promptly and within the standard SLD.Maintain a close working relationship with other Transfer Agency areas, such as Dealing, Registration, and other internal areas such as the Client ServicesFulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirementsComply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.Foster and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Experience
- Previous Financial services experience desirableTransfer Agency Finance experience is an advantageAbility to review and resolve complex issues Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlinesStrong Microsoft excel skillsExperience in working with Multiple CurrenciesKnowledge of regulatory environment is highly desirableCustomer Service experience Excellent planning and organisation skills Ability to work on own initiativeEffective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.