Finance Analyst - Projects
Excellent brand new opportunity to join the Finance Projects team as an experienced Project Analyst delivering exciting projects at Next!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Project Analyst to join an established project team in the Finance department.
You will be responsible for assisting the Finance Project Manager to plan, organise and deliver projects that are at the forefront of business change here at Next.
As part of a project team, you will help the project manager plan, analyse, investigate and test project elements to help ensure the delivery of the project at the highest level of quality. Your work will also involve documenting business requirements, creation of scope documents and you will work closely with our various Finance teams.
About the role:
- Working alongside key internal stakeholders to gather information and document processes for the creation of a project requirements document
- Work with Finance teams to explore options, keeping in mind long term sustainability, ease to develop and deadline for completion
- Document procedures, scope and apply rigor to all completed work
- Helping to manage relationships within the Project team, Finance teams, Systems teams and wider business
- Support the Finance Project Manager, but with an ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Present and clearly communicate to the Finance Project Manager progress on your areas of responsibility
- Work to tight deadlines, ensuring escalation of queries in an appropriate and timely manner
- Appropriately assess the performance and schedule risk when preparing scope documents and undertaking testing
- Perform basic testing procedures and feedback on any issues identified
- Writing up project feature documents for systems and processing feedback
- Chasing of outstanding actions to help keep the project on track
- Writing up basic process flows
- Updating of project tracking and plans
- Prior experience as a project analyst in a related field
- Excel, Powerpoint and/or Google Presentation
- Clear communication skills
- Strong understanding in project management and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and escalate issues to line manager promptly
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.