Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Red Arrow Handels-GmbH is part of the Irish Kerry Group. As a global market leader in the fields of smoking, smoke flavourings and their application technologies, we supply the German food industry with additives.
The site is located close to the airport in Bremen and has good transport connections. A team of 20 members is looking forward to welcome you as person responsible for finance on site and you will report to the Managing Director of Finance.
Please note this a maternity cover contract – at this point we are anticipating it will run until late 2023. The role itself has the potential to offer agile working but there is an expectation the successful candidate would be available to be on site when necessary, particularly for the initial training sessions. The preference would be a candidate who is available 2/3 days a week on site.
We offer interesting work in a friendly team, with the possibility to shape your own work and avail of excellent training and development opportunities. On site, there is a flat hierarchy, open communication and short decision-making processes.
- Self-dependent processing of bookkeeping with recording of all business transactions
- Processing of month-end closing in accordance with statutory regulations and internal group requirements
- Support with internal and external audits
- Support in the preparation of tax returns
- Accounts Payable management as well as processing, checking and releasing invoices
- Communication with department heads and suppliers
- Monitoring of approval processes in line with group requirements and policies
- Accounts receivable management including the monitoring of invoice creation
- Reviewing and processing the travel expenses
- Preparation of budget planning
- Management of fixed assets
- Preparation of project reports and analysis, presentations for the management
Qualifications and skills
- Commercial apprenticeship or similar qualification, e.g. tax clerk, ideally with further qualification as a certified accountant
- Several years of relevant professional experience in financial accounting
- Quick comprehension and a high affinity for numbers
- Solid knowledge of MS Office and an accounting/ERP system (DATEV is an advantage)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluent in German and good knowledge of English
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.