Senior Finance Business Partner
The Wealth and Insurance division of BOI is a market leading life, pension and general insurance provider in the Irish market. The Life Company (New Ireland Assurance Company) distributes across three core channels made up of the Group's distribution channels, independent financial brokers and its own tied financial advisor network. It is the only Bancassurer in the Irish market.
Wealth and Insurance is focused predominantly on the retail and SME market. Wealth and Insurance provides a range of protection, investment and pension products offering customers access to a wide range of investment markets and fund managers across its fund platform through its life company and provides access to home and car insurance through the appointments it holds with various underwriters.
Description of business unit
The Financial Planning & Analysis Department is a key management reporting function within W&I, supporting management decision making and enablement of the divisions strategy. The team are responsible for monthly performance reporting to the BOI Group, New Ireland Board and W&I Management including periodic Board updates, input to QBR reporting, KPI reports, monthly cost management reporting and managing the forecasting and budget planning cycles. This involves understanding and analysing the income and cost drivers of the business units within W&I, supporting the development of customer propositions and enabling management to take a strategic view on commercial aspects of the business units.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis for Wealth & Insurance, the role holder will have specific accountability for the effective provision of financial management information to the Wealth & Insurance management team, New Ireland Board, Retail Leadership team and the BOI Group including budgeting, forecasting, performance achievement, benefit tracking to enable the achievement of our business and strategic objectives.
The role holder will be accountable for management reporting for the full Wealth and Insurance business KPI's with a particular focus on the New Ireland business, ensuring delivery of our strategic income growth and cost saving ambitions in line with the Group\'s strategic objectives.
- Ensure the Wealth & Insurance Senior Management Team, the NIAC Board and Retail Leadership Team, BOI Group receive comprehensive and timely updates on W&I performance vs targets.
- Act as the Finance lead for producing management information for Wealth and Insurance working collaboratively with senior stakeholders in order to drive sustainable business performance.
- Partner with the Business to monitor and challenge the division's key strategic income growth and efficiency initiatives across Wealth & Insurance to ensure income and cost targets are met, and continuously identify new opportunities and thematic trends.
- Apply financial skills and business understanding to interpret, analyse and critically interrogate financial information, creating insights and solution-led outputs to enable the Wealth & Insurance Leadership Team to drive decisions and actions to achieve their overall business objectives;
- Act as key participant in delivering annual budget, ICAAP and quarterly forecasts for the Wealth & Insurance Division.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships within Wealth and Insurance and the across the wider Finance and Actuarial Division.
- Empower the team to contribute their best and maximise their potential, creating a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the Financial Planning & Analysis team and the wider Finance & Actuarial function, focussing on operational efficiency and creating organisational synergies.
What is the opportunity?
This position is a senior business partner role, which will be responsible for all key aspects of management reporting for the Wealth & Insurance division. This role provides an exciting opportunity for a senior Finance leader to become a trusted advisor to the Wealth and Insurance CFO and members of the Wealth & Insurance Senior Management team by challenging, influencing and providing meaningful financial insights which will drive business performance and enable strategic decision-making. As a senior leader within Wealth & Insurance Finance, the role holder will also play an important role in contributing to the achievement of the overall Finance and Actuarial priorities and ways of working, aligning to our business strategy and the environment in which Wealth & Insurance operates. The role may appeal to ambitious professionals seeking an opportunity to operate at a more senior level.
Qualified accountant with 6 years of relevant PQE or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a senior finance role, influencing and informing decision making through the delivery and interpretation of high quality value-adding financial information.
- Strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional creditability at all levels in a dynamic Group Structure.
- Evidence of exceptional leadership capability to work with and engage senior business leaders and colleagues at all levels of the organisation to deliver the objectives of the Wealth & Insurance Division and support the Company strategy;
- A highly credible communicator, with exceptional commercial awareness, and the ability to establish professional creditability and influence decision-making through the delivery of high quality financial information;
- The role holder must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to be proactive while managing multiple deliverables for key stakeholders;
- Excellent leadership skills, exemplifying the Group\'s values of being customer-centric, agile, accountable and being \'One Group One Team\'
- Agile - Leader
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Manage Risk - Leader
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Aug 03, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.