GmbH - AIS Fund Accounting, Senior Accounting
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
In the role of AIS Fund Accountant Specialist you will be responsible for:
Reporting to an AVP/Officer, the Senior Associate is responsible in supporting client relationships within business unit. They are also responsible for assisting with team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction within a Private Equity Fund Accounting department.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service delivered to assigned clients, review work performed by less senior team members / review of outsourced activities or complete it on your own
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland or Ireland (due to multi location exposure).
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources supporting the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and officer informed of issue. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures, person having strong analytical skills
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out)
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Several years’ experience in fund accounting and / or real estate gained in audit or client environment
- Knowledge of alternative investment funds in Luxembourg
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills, attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, knowledge of macros well seen)
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.