1. Job Purpose:
To manage the delivery of accounts work across the service line, ensuring team members adherence to required standards, where accounts work is completed on time, to standard and within budget.
2. Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- All those involved in the delivery of accounts work
- Partners & colleagues who are key stakeholders in accounts work across the SL
- Client contacts
- Supervision of Accounts semi seniors & assistants
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC
3. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Ensure the implementation of all relevant client accounts work ensuring effective team workflow
- Arrange & lead accounts planning meetings so as to maximise implementation of immediate resources
- Ensure completion of processing for clients in other managers/senior manager/director portfolios
- Ensure full implementation of all client accounts work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to The KR Way standards of performance document, with completed accounts ready for partner/director/senior manager sign off
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Research and seeking to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of accounts work
- Complete administration on client account files and set up relevant file reviews ensuring all sections are of a standard to be reviewed by a manager
- Where agreed, review the work of accounts assistants
- Clearance of manager/director/partner review points as appropriate
- Provide assistance to other members of the service line as required
- Prepare bills and monitor WiP for director/partner/manager to review as required
- Act as a key point of contact for any offshoring resource
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Act as a key point of contact for nominated clients so as to manage all their accounts compliance & other service requirements
- Attend client meetings as required
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept
- Attend accounts review and close down meetings for others’ clients as required Ensure client hygiene factors are in place, AML, KYC reviews, engagement letters, etc
Leadership, People Management, and Development
- Supervise semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of accounts work
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of accounts work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific accounts work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings, and opportunity for value add
New Business Development
- Support the accounts team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches & presenting at webinars
- Start to develop internal Kreston Reeves connections across the Service Lines to assist in identifying and supporting cross referral opportunities 4. Values – Demonstrates ‘living’ of the company’s values.
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.