We have an immediate vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join our well established and successful team in Rathfarnham, Dublin 14. Working within a strong and supportive environment this is an excellent opportunity for an individual with good solid general practice experience, to lead a team of trainee and part qualified accountants with a possible opportunity for the right candidate to progress to partner within the firm, should they prove over the medium term that they have the necessary skills and ability.
Working within the team the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties across a broad range of clients reporting directly to a partner. As a medium sized firm we can offer the opportunity for exposure to a variety of clients across a wide spectrum of industries, as well as exposure to general taxation.
The successful candidates will be a qualified accountant with practice experience. A degree preferably in a relevant business or accountancy discipline with a minimum 2.2. The candidate should also have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Proven strong exam performance;
- Strong client interfacing skills;
- Experience using computerised accounts packages and payroll packages. Experience using various IT systems for Accounts production an added advantage;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Recent Practice experience required.
The work will involve the following:
- Reporting to directly to a partner;
- Preparation of audits;
- Preparation of audit exempt accounts;
- Preparation of accounts for audit clients;
- Preparation of sole trader accounts;
- Preparation of VAT, RCT & PAYE/PRSI returns;
- Preparation of bank, debtors and creditors reconciliation;
- Preparation of company annual returns;
- Preparation of personal tax computations and returns;
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns;
- Other various duties which will arise on a regular basis.
Salary: According to Experience/Suitability.
Leonard & Company of Rathfarnham, Dublin 14, is a multidisciplinary professional services accountancy practice that is committed to providing a comprehensive range of audit, financial, taxation and business advisory services. Our practice provides our clients with the necessary support that is required in today's demanding business environment.
Leonard & Company, Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) & Registered Auditors was established in 1947 by Noel Leonard, the father of the present senior partner, David Leonard. The firm was previously located at 4, Lower Dundrum Road Dublin from 1966 to 2018 when it moved to it current modern offices in Nutgrove Office Park, just a stones throw from Dundrum. Leonard & Company is a chartered certified accountancy practice. We are also an Approved ACCA Student Training Practice.
We specialise in providing financial, management and taxation advice and help to small and medium sized enterprises helping them to add value and grow their businesses. Leonard & Company of Rathfarnham, Dublin 14, is a general accountancy practice and has a broad spectrum of clients for whom it performs audits and prepares accounts. The firm also prepares and files tax returns for clients including Income Tax, PAYE/PRSI, VAT, RCT and Corporation Tax. We also handle all Companies Office compliance requirements.
We provide accountancy, audit, taxation, and financial advice to a diverse portfolio of clients, both companies and individuals, which will provide the successful candidates with the experience required to become a successful accountant.