Process & Compliance Manager | B&Q | Riyadh, KSA
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Process & Compliance Executive will support the brand with delivering an efficient agenda of Process, Control and Compliance, Change management and Training across the business.
This will include the Identification, and assessment of controls followed by implementation of strategies to reduce risk exposure in areas such as shrinkage (Retail Losses), POS processing and Vendor management. This be responsible for recommending process improvement, training, awareness and where needed investigations.
The P&C focus will include adherence to policies and guidelines set up for internal controls, system maintenance, and AFG/Retail Finance policies, Brand policies and risk management framework.
Key role specific accontabilities:
- Ensure appropriate brand End to End Processes exist that are clear and concise
- Analyze Business / Store / Warehouse operations and workflow.
- Develop store & other functions SOPs with right RACI matrix in conjunction with functions’ deliverables, the store operations and Retail P&C. And ensure smooth implementation and compliance checks.
- Review and where necessary revise and or amend the standard operating procedures to ensure brands have a full suite of policies and SOP aligned to the agreed processes
- Ensure that policies are understood and adopted, and the right level of training is developed to ensure adoption
- Approve and review close policies, procedures, standards and templates
- Reviewing and modifying existing procedures to reflect changes in operations
Loss Prevention and Stock Control
- Spearhead the introduction of loss prevention technology, data analytics and technology such as RFID into the business to assist in the management of stock loss and minimize exposure. Develop and implement effective processes to eradicate exposures.
- Improving the efficiency and the effectiveness of the Store Operating Procedures (SOP) and practices working alongside the store operations team
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews by performing store visits to ensure effective implementation of processes and implement procedures
- Ensuring the periodic stock count for all stores are conducted within the stipulated period ensuring that the shrinkage has been properly computed and reported. Assist stores with the development and implementation of stock loss action plans
- Reviewing proposed IT system changes for store operations to ensure that control aspects have been adequately addressed Attend UAT (user acceptance testing) for IT implementation such as New functionalities on ERP systems, Inventory module etc.
- Carrying out pre-implementation testing and assist in the implementation of the systems in the stores
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for store operations are developed across brands and assist in monitoring the achievement of these KPIs
- Reviewing and identifying the best practices adopted in a business or related industries.
Knowledge transfer and training
- Develop training and workshop capability in the division
- Ensuring the preparation of the Store Procedure's training material and provide training to the store personnel to facilitate a consistent implementation of the procedures across the brands
- Spearhead the conduct of the training needs and content development (online, classroom or written)
- Spearhead training for existing and new staff
- Oversee periodic review of response time of activities conducted by staff to determine if additional training sessions are required
- Conduct retail investigations in accordance with relevant professional standards, legal requirements and internal policies and procedures, and complete timely reports/findings to the relevant stake holders.
- Implement incident recording process and conduct ad-hoc reviews to all controls related to each incident.
- Review data to identify exceptions, fraud indicators and initiate reviews / investigations / management reporting.
- Act as an internal consultant to Corporate Internal Audit, Retail Operations, Brand Head, Finance Head, Head of Retail, District Managers and Store Mangers.
Corporate and Brand
- Promote Brand and Corporate Values throughout the Commercial team and the ways of working.
- Ensuring the relationship with Principals and partners is nurtured and established in order to build sustainable business partnerships.
- Compliance to Principal standard operating procedures and relevant policies
- Regularly and proactively liaise with Principals on commercial related issues and maintain good relationship.
Bachelor’s degree Graduate in Finance, Law or business Management
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- 3 years’ proven experience in a process and compliance role, risk management/loss prevention
- Highly analytical with strong attention to details
- Good relationship building skills
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
Having a business acumen and leadership skills, experience in designing frameworks, writing SOPs, risk management
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.