International Tax Manager | Group Tax | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
The International Tax Manager will be part of the Al Futtaim Group Tax Team reportinginto the Group Head of Tax and will be responsible for managing the Group’s Tax Operating Model which involves taking ownership of Tax compliance (direct and indirect Tax), Tax planning, Transfer Pricing, Tax accounting, Tax documentation and Tax risk management for the Al-Futtaim Group.
As part of the role, this position will also be responsible for ensuring Transfer Pricing compliance by all Divisions and Local Entities (in all geographies where AFG has operations) with local Transfer Pricing Regulations, OECD guidelines and the Al Futtaim Group’s existing Transfer Pricing Policy. It also includes executing and managing the Group’ CbCR filing requirements in line with OECD Guidelines and the Group’s CbCR filing strategy.
The successful candidate will work closely with Group Tax Team Members, Divisional Tax Managers, Al Futtaim Group Businesses, third-party Service Providers, and other Tax Community Members in carrying out their responsibilities.
About the Responsibilities
Group Tax Strategy and Initiatives
- Manage the implementation of the Group Tax strategy and initiatives from a planning, compliance and risk management perspective
Tax Compliance (Direct / Indirect)
- Manage the Tax Compliance globally to ensure compliance with local Tax laws
- Advice Businesses, review VAT procedures and business processes in line with the Local VAT Laws to ensure VAT compliance
Transfer Pricing Compliance
- Review Transfer Pricing procedures, business processes and intercompany transactions in line with local Transfer Pricing Regulations, OECD guidelines and the Al Futtaim Group’s existing Transfer Pricing Policy to ensure Transfer Pricing compliance and advise Businesses accordingly.
- Ensure correct and timely filing of all Transfer Pricing Documentation including TP Master Files, TP Local Files, Intercompany transaction Reporting etc.
- Country-by-Country Reporting (CbCR) –Preparation of the CbCR document and filing with the Tax Authorities
- CRS/FATCA and other Tax Disclosures – Advice Businesses of the correct FATCA/CRS classification of Entities.
- Economic Substance declarations – filing economic substance Reports annually in line with the analysis performed by Group Tax
Tax Advice to the Al Futtaim Business Community
- Provide adhoc Tax advice to Head office as well as the Businesses on local and international transactions
- Identify Tax planning opportunities within the limits of Tax risk management
Tax Risk Management
- Identify, mitigate and manage Tax Risks in all geographies where Businesses operate.
Tax Document Management
- Ensure all Tax documents are documented and collated on a central database
- Manage the monthly and annual Tax provisioning and Tax reporting process
- Manage Tax Audit/Tax Enquiry in collaboration with the Al Futtaim Tax Community and third-party Service Providers
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Tax, Finance or Accounting certified
- Fluent in English (excellent written and verbal communication skills)
- Regional Tax knowledge would be a plus
- 8-10 years in an International Tax environment
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience required
- Tax technical skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organisational and time management skills
- Pro-active attitude & Team player
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.