R2R Team Lead | Retail Shared Services Finance | Dubai
Job Requisition ID: 97641
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
The R2R (Record to Report)Supervisor is responsible for ensuring a timely and efficient month end process for the RSSF function and will support the R2R head to establish and sustain a proactive and collaborative relationship with the AF Group Finance, Brand Finance and Finance Shared Services teams. Responsible for all activities being performed by the R2R associates, both junior and senior. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:Month end,Audit andManagement reporting.
About the Responsibilities
1. Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Review journal entries and check supporting documents
- Review trial balances
- Review preliminary financial statements
- Perform financial close analysis and review financial notes
- Review and distribute reporting
2. Intercompany Management (ICM)
- Review intercompany journals as required
- Weekly review of ICM GL accounts and liaise with relevant stakeholders to clear
- Review weekly report of open ICM and share with relevant stakeholders
3. Fixed asset accounting
- Review fixed asset accounting rules in SAP and escalate any changes required as per the escalation matrix
4. Month end reporting
- Ensure monthly GL schedules are prepared for each company code
- Review GL schedules and distribute to brand finance stakeholders
- Hold monthly meetings with Brand Finance to review GL schedules and highlight risks and opportunities
- Review BPC entries
- Respond to BPC queries and assist with resolutions
6. Knowledge and transfer training
- Support the conduct of the training needs and content development
- Conduct training for existing and new staff
- Conduct job-shadowing and assessment of new employees to ensure that they are proficient in their area of work
- Periodically review response time of activities conducted by staff to determine if additional training sessions are required
7. Supervision and reporting
- Manage resourcing and deployment within process tower
- Support all on boarding of new employees
- Raise issues, escalate performance problems,review resolution actionsand address business concerns
- Point of contact for reporting, internal and external audit matters relating toR2Ractivities
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting of select KPIs
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Professional Degree in Finance and Accounting is required
- Experience of managing a team in a demanding environment
- Preferably worked in Retail business
- 5-8 years of experience in finance related functions, preferably in a shared services environment
- Experience working across multiple levels and across function
- Knowledge of SAP plus Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization
- Proficient in English, oral and written
- Management experience
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Good people management skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Able to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well under pressure and experience of working to strict deadlines
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.