Senior Test Automation Engineer
Join us as a Senior Test Automation Engineer!
STAR is the fund accounting system used at Brown Brothers Harriman to record fund accounting activity and to calculate a net asset value (NAV). The system is used globally in all of our offices that provide fund accounting or interface with fund accounting functions.
STAR, which stands for Straight Through Accounting and Recordkeeping, is an exception based system designed to maximize processing with minimal manual intervention. Exceptions to straight through processing (STP) are routed to a repair tool where they are analyzed, repaired and processed accordingly.
- Define, execute, automate functional and performance tests in STAR
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Read and understand business features documentation
- Maintain automated scripts managed in Jenkins
- Document defects using Jira tracking system and report defects to development team. Provide root cause analysis
- Document test scenarios in qTest
- Develops testing applications that validates effectiveness of a new system or modification of existing one
- Demonstrates knowledge in automation frameworks
- Experienced in development and execution of performance tests
- Experienced in Java programming
- Experienced in developing test plans/strategies with cross team collaboration
- Skilled in test automation CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Maven
- Experienced in automation of REST API and UI testing (preferring REST Assured & Selenium)
- Strong technical problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work in an international, virtual team and act as team player
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to have experience with:
- Jenkins Pipelines
- BDD frameworks (Cucumber/JBehave/Serenity)
- Selenium Grid
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.