Alpha Data Services Implementation Lead - Performance, Attribution, Risk Analytics - VP
Who are we looking for
Reporting to the Head of Client Implementation – Alpha Data Services Implementation Lead - is a versatile individual with strong business systems and data analysis skills for development and support of Alpha Data Services solutions, services and product offerings. The successful candidate must be skilled in complex business and data analysis; have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; a proven ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams and display strong collaboration skills. This role is part of client implementation team.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Exchange’s “Data-as-a-Service” platform, Alpha Data Services, lets you load, enrich and aggregate investment data. Clients’ will be able to manage multi-asset class data from any service provider or data vendor for a more holistic and integrated view of their holdings. This platform reflects State Street’s years of experience servicing complex instruments for our global client base and our investments in building advanced data management technologies.
What you will be responsible for
- The Alpha Performance Implementation Lead is a client facing role that serves as a subject matter expert providing strategic guidance on best practices to implementing Performance, Attribution, Risk and Analytics services.
- This role will work closely with client implementation teams to deliver Performance, Attribution, Risk and Analytics data solutions to Alpha clients.
- The Alpha Performance Implementation Lead will be accountable for setting up a standard Performance, Attribution, Risk and Analytics framework that can integrate with any service provider (e.g. internal and external).
- Execute strategic initiatives and projects autonomously with minimal guidance/oversight
- Manage a pool of Business Analysts who are SMEs in the Performance, Attribution, Risk and Analytics domains.
- Ensure Business Analysts effectively collaborates with client implementation teams on setting up a standard Performance Attribution and Risk Analytics service offering
- Develop effective cross team communications to inform strategic research on client, industry, or technology trends to provide summary and guidance on best practice related to Performance, Attribution, Risk and Analytics.
- Engage with Product Management, Technology, and Operations teams to design the future state platform emphasizing software functionality, operational efficiency and managing the interrelationships of the systems and processes that encompass the entire Alpha ecosystem.
- Prior experience in and leadership roles with performance measurement, investment book of record, data strategy, technology transformation, and project implementation.
- Proven quantitative, information delivery and analytical skills (i.e. MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, IBI ) to analyze large and complex datasets to quickly develop accurate metrics and reporting content.
- Proficiency in financial and accounting principles analysis and reporting.
- Work as a member of a global team – provide status, communicate issues, share ideas, and follow process for analysis, development and support protocols.
What we value
- Team player with professional and positive approach
- Flexible and can adapt easily to changing/evolving role requirements
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Experience leading and managing a team
Education and Preferred qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- CFA designation is a differentiator
- 10+ years of financial services experience is required.
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process
- Previous experience implementing software or data service is a big plus
- Experience in or desire to learn technical skills, e.g , SQL, database design, multi-tenancy architecture, etc. is required
- SQL experience is a big plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure deadlines.
- Ability to reprioritize quickly.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.