Senior Manager, Operational Risk and Compliance (Operational Resilience and Wholesale Digital)
- Contribute to ANZ's purpose and strategy
- Oversight of operational and compliance related risks and control activities across Institutional Banking (IB) Division's Wholesale Digital division and Operational Resilience activities across the division
- Utilise and interpret data to provide insights and opinions on non-financial risk topics
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: 12-months Fixed Term Contract, Full time
You will be responsible for supporting the IB Op Risk & Compliance team to oversee operational and compliance related activities across Institutional Division for Operational Resilience (business continuity) and WD (60-40). This includes provision of guidance and oversight of initiatives, as well as enhancing IB Operational Risk and Compliance capabilities for review of business' risk metrics and reporting, event management, and conduct and culture in line with ANZ's I.AM framework.
You will be a driver for an effective operational risk and business resilience strategy, program and culture. It requires close liaison with key stakeholders, working closely with specified Business Partners and Business Continuity Champions, acting as an effective "second line of defence" in managing operational risks, with a specific focus on disruption risks.
You are also the primary contact for IB Operational Risk and Compliance to support the Bank's Cloud Simplification strategy. The key stakeholder is the Cloud Business Office, whilst liaising with the broader IB and country Operational Risk and Compliance teams.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Extensive proven experience in a technology risk, operational risk, Infrastructure or applications role
- Experience with managing organisational change initiatives
- Relevant experience in an operational risk role covering business resilience
- Knowledge of business resilience frameworks, methodologies, policies and practices
- Knowledge of operational risk management frameworks, methodologies, policies and practices, including published risk management standards
- Have a curious mindset to identify and manage emerging risks
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Supporting the wellbeing of our people is core at ANZ which is why we cherish the people-first culture we are famous for and why the Australian Financial Review rated us the number 1 place to work in the banking and finance industry for 2021.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself . If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS134019.