Head of Operational Risk & Compliance - Banking Services & Wholesale Digital
- Contribute to ANZ's purpose and strategy
- Oversee implementation of regulator remediation activities and key change projects (shared with business)
- Influence business stakeholders and leaders to integrate our compliance culture and behaviours into decision making processes
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
You will support and review effectiveness of embedding of ANZ's operational risk and compliance frameworks for Banking Services and Wholesale Digital Business, through strengthened capability and accountability of risk management in order to support key aspects of ANZ strategy.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
- Lifting our voice and focussing on what matters most including emerging risk and areas of change to drive and improve business accountability, culture and risk management simply and consistently across the Business to drive quality decisions.
- Review and challenge the operational risk and compliance positions and activities ensuring adherence to the frameworks (policy) in place across business (including projects/change initiatives).
- Review the effectiveness of the risk management assessments and decisions, providing expert opinion and challenging where appropriate. Drive the 2nd line opinion of how well operational risk and compliance is being managed in driving business decisions
- Provide thought leadership and influence and continuous improvement of mechanisms in place to govern and manage operational risk and compliance including Divisional risk appetite statement and associated indicators and relevant Risk Committee(s).
- This role will also have responsibility for the management of the Banking Services and WD team, including line management, staff development and contribution to the culture of both their direct team and the broader Institutional OR&C team.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Thinks strategically and commercially, drives an adaptive, agile risk culture and motivates organisational change
- Strong ability to a lead a control function, own their opinions and challenge where appropriate
- Able to leverage digital technology and data to enable faster and more effective decision making
- Builds trusted advisory relationships across the organisation with a strong ability to influence and succeed through collaboration
- Sound appreciation of all aspects of compliance and operational risk with demonstrated knowledge of risk in the Payments domain and associated technology
- Knowledge of key regulatory obligations, risks and controls and required attestations within Financial Services - specially e-banking and payment platforms (NPP, SWIFT and RITS)
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn't valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours - things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Supporting the wellbeing of our people is core at ANZ which is why we cherish the people-first culture we are famous for and why the Australian Financial Review rated us the number 1 place to work in the banking and finance industry for 2021.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS133821.