Assistant Stock Accountant (12 month FTC)
If working in a fast paced environment, where you’ll be relied upon for your support, energy and financial expertise sounds like your kind of thing - then you’ll certainly want to read on...
Do you fancy working for one of the UK’s biggest retailers?
This is a Fantastic opportunity to join our Stock Finance team based out of our Leicestershire head office on a 12 month FTC as a Assistant Stock Accountant. You will report directly to the Stock accountant who in turn reports to the Stock Finance Manager
You will be responsible for reporting and financial control of your allocated slippage and GRNI accounts. This includes quantity and price variance analysis, monitoring and control of the accuracy of product costings, including packaging, duty and freight, to ensure the accuracy of the company stock file and therefore Gross Margin, Producing sales reporting for our Licence partners, and liaising with the Stock Accountant on Forecasts and Budgets.
You will be the finance contact for all product areas in relation to stock related queries and also the point of contact for our Licence partners.
About the role:
- Be responsible for reporting and financial control of your allocated slippage and GRNI accounts.
- Take responsibility for Producing sales reporting for our Licence partners
- Prepare Regular reconciliation between NSL and UK of Sales and commission to ensure integrity of Group Accounts
- Be responsible for the weekly reconciliation of stock received into the warehouse for both Next and Lipsy.
- Help to ensure the accuracy of the company stock file and therefore Gross Margin reporting
- Help in the Production of seasonal budgets and monthly forecasting for each of your accounts
- Produce and review a number of balance sheet reconciliations monthly including intake GRNI and Liaise with both our AP and Imports team around outstanding supplier invoices.
- Highlight and report costing discrepancies to the relevant product teams and highlight where current processes are no longer working.
Projects, Challenges and Additional Accountabilities
- As part of this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with all our product teams Licence partners and AP.
- You will help with the development of analysis and reporting for slippage and Licence sales.
- You will be responsible for investigating and resolving adhoc queries received from the product teams and Licence contacts around sales reporting and item costings.
- You will work closely with our team in Pune ensuring that all reporting tasks are completed within the necessary timescales.
We are looking for a confident, friendly individual who will fit well into the team. You will need good communication skills and not be afraid to pick up the phone and speak to contacts around the business. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of investigating and resolving discrepancies.
You will be a part or newly Qualified Accountant, ideally with accounts payable and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts experience. You will have strong MS Excel skills and SQL experience is desirable.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.